This event offers
5.0 CME credits
Accreditation Info: AAPA.
The target audience for this course is MDs, DOs, PAs, NPs, CRNAs, along with healthcare professionals in emergency medicine, hospital medicine, and critical care medicine. Anyone interested in the topics presented is welcome to attend.
Registration, Breakfast (provided), and Introductions
Central Venous Assess
Conclusion, Questions and Answer Session
Course Director and Faculty
Michael Roberts, PA-C
Critical Care PA-C
University of Louisville Physicians
As a result of participating in this activity, the participants should be able to:
1. Perform basic techniques and positioning with direct laryngoscopy including the use of adjunct materials.
2. Identify a potentially difficult intubation.
3. Perform direct laryngoscopy and confirming the placement of an endotracheal tube.
4. Identify the risks, benefits, indications, and contraindications for central venous and arterial catheterization.
5. Perform a central line and arterial line insertion under ultrasound guidance.
6. Explain the indications and steps involved with the use of dialysis catheters and large sheath introducers.
7. Identify a pneumothorax on imaging and perform a percutaneous chest tube.
8. Discuss how to troubleshoot the chest tube system.
Continuing Education Credit
Physician Credit - The University of Louisville School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Louisville School of Medicine and MMMedEd. The University of Louisville School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation. Approval is valid from 3/26/2022 to 9/30/2031. AAPA reference number: CME-203641.
All individuals are encouraged to participate. To request disability arrangements, please contact the Course Coordinator Michael Roberts at least 14 days prior to the date of this program. Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development fully complies with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof.
All Registrants $800
Interested In Attending This Event?
Additional Registration Information:
Please view event website to register.
This CME opportunity is not funded or sponsored by MEAPA.
MEAPA is sharing at the organizers request.